Monday 1 September 2008

Kuantan...a hidden paradise?

The good thing about Kuantan is that it is not a bustling and busy city like KL but rather a medium city with its old town's charm and allure maintained. The food's good, the beach's awesome, the hotel was more than comfortable...man what else do you want? Let's start with the food, let me say that the hawker center in Teluk Sisek is a top recommendation for any food lover. The Bak Kut Teh and fish head noodle are my top picks. Now, the place I stay...Vistana Hotel, located not far away from the above mentioned eating paradise. It did not strike me as a 4 star hotel on first impression but the moment I entered my room, it had exactly everything a tired traveler needs...a comfy bed. The toilet was clean and the air condition is churning out cool refreshing air onto my fatigued body. I've been to better hotels in Kuantan such as the hyatt regency but vistana is not too bad even though it lacked class and splendor. The Teluk Cempedak beach is also a plus point for Kuantan! The clean beaches on the east coast are really like heaven compared to the hell we have in Port Dickson.

PS: contrary to popular beliefs, Kuantan do have escalators!!! Now Taiping had gotta prove me otherwise...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger