Tuesday 24 November 2009

7 pounds

"seven gifts to seven individuals deemed worthy by Will Smith's character, apparently to atone for seven deaths caused by the auto accident he caused in the plot."

This movie is rather old and I just happened to watch it recently and I was deeply moved by the concept of repaying your debt with a pound of flesh. Although the ending is deeply disturbing as Smith's character committed suicide but it clearly brought the intended message abroad. Morality issues aside, the idea of giving a new lease of life to others by donating your organs to those in need should be lauded as an noble act. At the same time it must not be done in such a cruel way as portrayed in the movie.

What is playing in my mind right now is that the intention might be good and lets say the outcome turned out as intended, would you ever condone whatever foul play involved in the process of achieving the greater good? Throughout the history we have witnessed many sacrifices being made willingly or unwillingly in order to achieve a greater good and it is all up to the future generations to judge our actions.

I know I am questioning some fundamentals of life but what I really want to know is whether it is acceptable to sin in the process in order to achieve the happy ending everyone wanted. Many will be cynical that the outcome would not turn out to be as wished and the sin will be even deeper. It is really actually an non issue because we can never foresee the future!............................I am having an headache now because the angel and the devil is fighting in my brain, so I shall leave it that way.

The cup of water is half full or it is half empty? The egg comes first or the chicken comes first? I think sleep comes first!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger