Wednesday 12 November 2008

Memoirs of the dimpled smile...

3:54 am, the time where most normal people would have been asleep...what am I doing then? In this moment of silence where I can only hear the clock ticking and the sound of my own heartbeat. I had time to reflect on my day. What had I done today? To be honest nothing productive...

My memories of the past, the moments of joy and anguish came back to me like a tornado...BANG, I suddenly found myself thinking back of my primary school years...the first girl I set my eyes on is surprisingly nothing romantic to rave about, she was sitting next to me in class...well teachers like to mix us around. She was such an angel then, porcelain skin unblemished with pimples(we are still young then), a dimple when she smiled. I would fall for her instantly if I knew what love is at that tender age. Nobody is perfect but at that time I think she is quite close. A very good friend indeed, she stood up for me when I am teased...she was unfazed when people start addressing her as my girl friend...being true to the timid type, I tried to avoid controversy by avoiding her. How I regret it, after primary six...she is lost...dissappeared totally from my sight...10 years down the road, I was wondering how is she doing now...the angel of my childhood.

The only memory left was the scant image of her dimpled smile...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger