Saturday 16 May 2009

Hamburg, the place I want to live in...

Hamburg, the place where hamburgers live. Yeah, Hamburger is the term used to described the folks living in hamburg. Based in Ohlsdorf for more than a week, I managed to see the good and bad of Hamburg.

The good is of course the frequency of the public transport, the busy night life, and the scenaries. The bad is of course the high cost of living which comes along with living in a metropolis. I really missed staying in a big city where the number of people walking on the street is uncountable and being sardined in the underground train(U-Bahn) is a bliss because it proves that I am not living in a secluded place. How I miss the traffic jams in Kuala Lumpur because that means I have a car to drive! We complain when we possess things that irritates us but start to miss those things when they are not around...such irony!

From Jungfernstieg onwards we have countless shopping outlets and the Alster lake is really a sight to behold. The pubs scattered in the city is also a very big plus point to hamburg. The sound of cars and trains passing by in the morning is really refreshing after years of waking up to birds chirping...Hamburg has reminded me what city life is.

Civilization is again alive in me! All Hail the Reborn of the City Boy!

1 comment:

Noodle Queen said...

seriously munich is way better

Powered By Blogger