Monday 6 July 2009

I have failed badly as a friend

This useless blogger can only hide behind the virtual world of blogging to atone his mistakes...

I have heard countless advices but none as gut wrenching as the one said by a person. The words though simple and short, bore right through my heart and the fires of guilt engulfed my conscience...simply put I have been selfish. Not wanting to be affected with sadness and the sense of helplessness, I choose the easier way out. I ran away from reality...but reality caught up with me eventually.

Reflecting on my actions, it was total selfishness and bordering being ignorant, thinking that everything will turn out just fine. This is me, always writing and talking but no solid action...how typical me! I have failed badly as a friend. I have dissapointed a friend, a brother but perhaps not so anymore now judging by what I have done wrong. Do I deserve a second chance? I have always doubted myself but now without a doubt I want a second chance. I am flawed but I have done enough as a friend all this while to be deserving of at least another chance of redemption. This is a time to right all wrongs.

To err is human, but to err continuosly after such gut wrenching advice is inhumane. I thank the person for reminding me how much more I've got to learn as a human. Nuff' said, ACTION!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger