Friday 30 October 2009

priceless serenity

It's not easy but I have found inner peace. Totally at ease with myself, possibly because I don't have to sit for exams anymore. Sitting at home doing nothing is a luxury itself that many call it pure laziness and a parasite that can be do without in today's society. I know very well what I will become if I continue my lazy ways but this is a priceless moment of serenity. Life is good when you don't have to worry about money, career and maybe meeting a girl some day. The same applies for the gals. MEN = Money + womEN. The M from money is not an issue right now and I think I can cope without the latter EN from women as long as the M is still in abundance.

Everyone will wish that their parents are so rich that they don't have to work. I am no exception but I always bear in mind the sweat and blood they put in to earn every cent for the family. Rich or poor, it is the result of your hardwork. You are born rich not because of luck but rather your ancestors had worked dilligently to amass the wealth you possess today. My parents worked hard because they believe in a future where we the children can live a good life. It is the ultimate aim of every parent. You might dislike their approach to parenting and communicating with you but never ever doubt their intention to provide you with a future. Some said your children is your creditor in the previous life and you are paying back good money. I would see it this way - your children is your investment of the future. You invest your time and money in your children and hope to see your investment grow into something you would be proud of one day. This investment is a life time binding one, be it at a loss or otherwise you are held liable for it. In sharemarket investment you have the choice to abandon ship and start afresh. Can you discard your children as easily as that? This form of investment is the most rewarding one as well for it is your own mirror image, your future representative when you are six feet under.

I do aim high in life but my actions are not in sync. The least of what I can do is to ensure my parents will be silently proud to have me as their son. I might not be rich and famous but I am proud to have parents that believe in my future. I carry the surname of Chin with fierce pride! So dad and mum, do I get some form of reward for this declaration? Jokes aside, I have some serious work ahead of me. This priceless moment of serinity, enjoy it while you can Darren. The next time you feel like taking a break you could be 50.

I dreamed a dream where it never ends but there are dreams that can never be.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger