Sunday 2 August 2009

I lost a friend...

He came over and addressed himself as Jonathan Lee during our 1st real meeting during the ice-breaking session in Herr Baum's german language class. He was wearing his trademark sarawak emblazed jacket and we sort of hit it off directly. During the brief 5 years I got to know him, he has never failed to impress me with his humble and down to earth demeanour. I idolized him and wished I had 10% of his intelligence but 100% of his personality. It all happened within a few blinks of eyelids...cancer took him away from us...I cant believe it...

I never got the chance to say good bye...He left in a hurry, in real hurry. A hugely talented future star of our generation has fallen like a meteor onto the ground. He left an irreplaceable void in my life. In fact it was with deep guilt that I wrote this, cherish your every moments with your loved ones and never live to regret later like I did. Jon, I didn't have the chance to show my love for you as a friend when you needed it. There is no more meaning of me saying how sorry I am...you are gone, back to your rightful place alongside Him.

How fragile life is. I wanted to be strong and be a man. I wanted so badly to reclaim your trust. I deeply regret that you will not be able to see it. Tears shed are to no avail if I still fail to put into action the advice you told me. Tonight I wanna cry, but tomorrow I want to live with a renewed vigor and carry out your unfinished vision. I will fulfill my destiny one day and with everything I have dedicated in your memory.

Every single bit of time spent alongside you will not be forgotten. The classes, the trips, the outings, everything bears a memory of you. You are a perfect friend for me and I thank you for that. Your spirit will live on in me. God bless you. May you find eternal peace in heaven. Do Rest In Peace my friend...good bye!

1 comment:

Noodle Queen said...

yes, we will definitely miss him. but know that he is in peace now and that one day we will see each other again.

Powered By Blogger