Tuesday 4 August 2009

In memory of Jonathan Lee

The fact that he was gone has not sunk in me quite yet. When Michael Jackson died, I was thinking what the fuss this is about. Yes MJ is famous, he left a legacy but it didn't struck me that time that why so many shed tears for him. It is very clear to me now the reason why it is so.

Never have someone left a mark so profound and everlasting in my life. So infectious are his jokes that although lame at times are always a source of laughter for me. Even more infectious are his humble personality, always so down to earth and never the one claiming credit for himself. Although he has his flaws but he is very close to being perfect in my eyes.

He has such strong belief in faith and in his own abilities that I constantly look up upon and draw inspiration on. He suffered a great deal towards the end but never fails to advice me to be strong. I am hugely indebted to him. Sadly to also note that the heart to care for him is there but I didn't draw strength from it and show him how much I cared for him. Ahh, mortals huh...mortals make mistakes do they? Gimme a break...

It was a legacy. A legacy in all of us who are lucky enough to get know him. He will be like what Michael Jackson is for the rest of the world to us. You're not alone, Jon. You will live on in our memories. Although we loved you, but god loved you more and brought you back to His side. Less we forget, Jonathan Lee Chyi Feng (1986-2009). Thanks for the memories and till the next time we meet, my dear friend.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger