Tuesday 22 December 2009

Contradictions of the number game

The number 1 is a coveted number in various aspects such as academics and sporting events. We have arrived at a stage where being number 2 means nothing. The winner takes it all. In the UEFA champions league final, nobody will care who is the other finalist and the Queen sang it beautifully with the lyrics..."no time for losers cause we are the champions"

In social network terms, 2 is a couple. Lovers or husband and wife. 3 is a triangle, 4 is double tag team, 5 is a basketball team, so on and so forth. Ultimately, 11 makes a football team! Nobody can bare living the entire life alone. The funny part is not many can bare having a noisy, fussy, naggy other half too. I rather have some noise in my life right now though provided the noise can be flexibly tuned. Cheers!

Now now, the gist of my ramblings, the contradiction of the number game in terms of organization of activities. The name organizer sounds good right! Wow, Organizer...so orgasmic! Wait a minute you are missing a point here mate. From my point of view, organizer is the poor bastard charged with the task of fulfilling everyone's demands. When you have someone saying, hey I want to go this and that place, go organize. Bless you mate! There is always a tendency for things not to go accordingly to plan. When that happens, please spare the organizer and be grateful you are not in his shoes. Fail to plan, plan to fail is a common blame levelled to the organizer. You don't go screwing the organizer upside down when things go wrong. Why not take a look at yourself first. What have you done or not done at all. I have a strong disdain at those who shake his legs doing nothing then start spewing fire when things go awry. When you have not do anything valuable of note, please be shameful and be quiet, do not take out your own inadequecies on the poor organizer.

Lets get back on track shall we for I have been sidetracked by the unfortunate event of reminiscenting on my torturous path of organizing events. Countless snubs notwithstanding, the cruel stare that I got when my plan didn't work out is the most heart chilling one. My lackasaidal attitude towards organizing events is mainly due to all the chill gathering in my heart. Ever glad to be just a bit part player, I have no doubt that I am a careless and blur person. Hence spare me the misery of organizing events. I can't dribble with a football, so I won't go saying Ronaldo is miles better than Messi because both are thousand miles better than me.

Oh my god, where are we again? The number game! Yes, yes. How many people makes a nice group? Basically no limit if everyone is at ease with each other in the ideal world. We might laugh when we meet, but lets not kid ourselves alright. If you know water and oil will never blend with each other so just stay away from each other then! Adding them together forcefully will only be disastrous in case of fire. Sometimes, one plus one do not equal to two...

your-not-so-famous-blogger pak samahitam (pot and kettle equallyblack in english)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger