Saturday 14 June 2008

sorry seems to be...what?

Hey, I'm sorry bla bla bla for whatever reason...this sentence is very commonly used. Is sorry such an important vocabulary to us? We almost say sorry regardless of time and place. I cant recall how many SORRYs I have said. I said sorry when I did not pass up my homework, I said sorry when I scored badly in my exams, I said sorry again when I made somebody upset. Why is sorry so conveniently used? To me sorry is rather worthless ...sorry really don't cure up the mess for god's sake. It is just one small consolation to make yourself feel better. Sorry cant bring back lives lost in wars. A simple sorry cant bring back the ones who are dead and it certainly wont undo what had been done. Why bother to apologize then? Well...many people deem it appropriate to say sorry because it is simple manners that we were all brought up with. A sorry will never cure anything...but a sincere and heartfelt sorry goes a long way to repairing the damage. Saying it with your heart shows others that you are remorseful and you are willing to admit your mistakes. However saying sorry casually will only serve to worsen things...when sorry is used as an excuse to escape punishment...it is worthless! Is sorry the word you want to hear when someone killed your loved ones or betrayed you emotionally? I bet it will be a big NO...sorry at that moment is the last word the person will ever want to hear. What is sorry then? Who created this word? I deem it worthless...a word which pales in significance with love. People always find it hard to say I love you than I am sorry. Sorry seems to be? Some will say the hardest word to say. I say you only say sorry when you really meant it...don't ever use it too often as its value is rather low to begin with. On the other hand, the person which is wronged must not act all too high and mighty. You might be wronged but what makes you think you are holier than thou? Humans make mistakes but their greatest achievement is forgiving those who wronged them. Forgiveness is afterall the greatest act of love ever known to mankind alongside sharing. Those who forgive is those who understand the word sorry the most.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger